Thursday, March 10, 2011

My New LDSMingle Profile

I updated my profile today. Honestly, I think it's the best one I've written yet. Here it is:
I have been serving in the Young Women (YW) presidency of my ward for close to a year now. It has been almost 20 years since I was in YW myself and I'm starting to suspect that Heavenly Father gave me this calling so I could get a refresher since I have been unsuccessful in finding an eternal companion. That's what YW lessons seem to talk about every single week. Though I enjoy discussing eternal marriage and women's roles in the gospel, it's getting depressing having a weekly reminder of that my childhood dreams of marriage and family have yet to be realized. I have a strong testimony of the eternal nature of family, and have always had a desire to create a home centered on gospel principles.
Of course I haven't been sitting around bemoaning my singlehood every minute of every hour of every day for years waiting for the guy who will realize how incredibly super cool (and entertaining) eternity will be with me to arrive on the scene. I have a degree in Civil Engineering and worked in engineering for a few years, but quickly became disenchanted with it. I explored a number of occupations before settling on teaching. I taught overseas for several years in Russia and Taiwan and to the shock of my engineering family members even wrote English as a Foreign Language textbooks. I might be the first engineer turned English grammar guru in the world, which is kind of exciting. I currently teach 5th grade and love it. And if I didn't love it, I would find something new that I did love to spend my days doing.

I enjoy doing a lot of things. I am accomplished in all of the general domestic tasks like cooking, sewing and cleaning but I'm not crafty so I do not own a hot-glue gun. I like watching movies and reading books and critiquing both of them. I clear my head by writing in my journal and on my blog. I take great joy in finding the perfect word that will communicate my thoughts with exactness, especially if the best word is a personized hybrid word like "ungoodlyness". But, I also love a good sporting event, especially if it's hockey. Regardless of what the activity is, if I can spend it with good people having a quality conversation, I'm happy. I always enjoy a good gospel discussion and like serving in the church. I also attend the temple regularly.

Though I am celebrated for having transitioned from engineer to "normal" person successfully, I do have relapses into geekness. I also have a quick and sarcastic wit that sometimes gets me in trouble. Believe me, I know how to say I'm sorry and ask for forgiveness, and am grateful to have friends who forgive me for the stupid things I say. I'm looking for someone to journey and laugh through life with that will patiently help me become better and who will listen when I talk and talk so I can listen.
What do you think?

4 comments:

  1. Can you recover from geekness? That could be a whole study-area! We could start a support group, write a book, be famous!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So freaking awesome!!! I'd marry ya ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved it. It was perfectly you and YOU are pretty awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well captured! Now want to write mine?!

    ReplyDelete