Sunday, March 13, 2011

How did it know?

Yesterday I was in the electronics section at Wal-Mart looking for a print cartridge for the printer when I was distracted by the hockey game showing on the wall of TVs. I've been thinking about an upgrade to HD, so I let myself stay distracted. They are all just so shiny and the resolution is so nice. I stood there for a while marveling at human ingenuity and our ability to make amazing things even more amazing. I mean, come on, hockey is amazing, and TV is super cool when you really think about how it works, but hockey on an awesomely cool TV with clear crisp images. Sigh... It's just breathtaking in scope. I came home excited to watch the rest of the game even if it's just on the old clunky TV we have but that wasn't in the cards. For some reason, I can't get my TV to show images from the antenna anymore. I can hear everything just fine, but there is no pictures. I can watch DVDs though, so I'm baffled by what's going on. I think it knew I was considering replacing it and is throwing a tantrum. And if it thinks it's going to earn points this way, it has another thing coming...


UPDATE at 8:30PM 3/13/2011
I reset the digital converter box thing and we have picture again. I know... very exciting... you will all sleep better now...

No comments:

Post a Comment