Friday, February 18, 2011
I get Monday off, so of course I'm sick!!
The problem with working in education is that children are carrier monkeys for illness and disease. At least one of them is sick every day of the week, and several of them get sick through the course of the day. It's a losing battle. Since we are a hands-on experience driven school instead of a textbook school, if a student is not at school, it is nothing short of a nightmare to get them caught up. But, when they come sick, infection spreads. In the past few weeks I've had students diagnosed with walking pneumonia, pink eye, stomach flu the common cold, and a fun variety of additional bugs, and they share all of those germs with each other and me. My hands are dry cracked and bleeding from the amount of times I was them, but it wasn't enough to save me from whatever I have now. It started with a scratchy throat this morning and then the queasy stomach started and last came the chills. I passed out on the couch around 3:30PM and just woke up about an hour ago. Will I be able to sleep tonight? Probably not... Will I be healthy again by Monday to enjoy my day off? I have no idea... Oh well, let the good times roll...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I hope you didn't infect me whilst we talked!! :-S
ReplyDeleteJust listen to Theresa
ReplyDelete